Total Pageviews

Friday 6 November 2015

Friday greyness

It's looking a bit dull outside again, despite another weather forecast that said the North East would be sunny - at least this morning. That's what they said about yesterday as well - I had cycled through to Aberdeen, fully expecting the usual North Sea haar greyness there, but expected to be greeted by the sunshine when we got back to Deeside, but it wasn't to be.

We didn't see the dolphins from Torry Battery and Girdleness Lighthouse - another time perhaps. Jo and I decided to go to the movies yesterday afternoon. We used our free bus passes to get in to Union Square, then paid the discounted Seniors' rate to get in to see Spectre and had a couple of pints of ale afterward in the Justice Mill for just £3 in total, using our CAMRA vouchers. A cheap date.

No discounts at the Ashvale afterwards, but the haddock, chips and mushy peas was excellent.

The James Bond film was the usual spectacle - predictable and ludicrous, but well made. I preferred Skyfall.

This morning, after 4 days of laziness, not shaving, I'm now back to being clean shaven again, but before I took it all off, I wondered what I would look like if I grew a goatee? This photo confirmed to me that it wouldn't suit if I let it grow any more:


My car is still at Caldwell & Dempster. I told them there was no rush, but perhaps I'll give them a call today to see what's happening.

When we left Inverurie on Tuesday, I noticed this on the front door:

says it all really
Tomorrow, I'm planning to go and see Thistle for the first time this season. They're playing at Dundee - apart from Aberdeen, this is as close as they get to us.

No comments:

Blog Archive