Total Pageviews

Thursday 1 October 2015

Thursday frustration

Well, the fitter arrived to install our new boiler - sharp at 8 am. He had driven up from Fife, but there was an immediate problem - he didn't have the correct parts with him. Not his fault of course - the parts were ordered by the surveyor. Whenever you buy anything like this, you always have 3 separate visits - first the salesman, then the surveyor and finally the fitter. They should communicate effectively with each other, but seldom do - in fact, they often "diss" their colleagues. (This could have been a topic for My Pet Hates blog).

The upshot is that he is going to have to come back next week, which means at least one of us has to stay at home again. I could have gone cycling with our group this morning, but missed out. I'm glad I managed a shortish run yesterday - in glorious sunshine again.

We're still waiting for the last coat of the decking oil I put on our balcony to dry fully:


One application of cleaner, then one of preservative, followed by two of decking oil - the first applied by brush and the second sprayed on. Maybe the second coat was unnecessary - but it can't do any harm in the long run. One upshot of the brush application was that some splashes landed on my car below - I don't know what to do about this, but the paintwork has definitely been breached and no doubt it will rust in those places. Oh well.

Another glorious day in store. I could nip down to Carnoustie, St. Andrews or Kingsbarns to watch the Dunhill Cup - or I might go for a solo cycle this afternoon. I feel I should get out whilst the weather's so good (24 C on Deeside!), but I'm a little tired - I had a poor night's sleep - I lay awake from 2:30 am on.

I took my first Rivaroxaban pill yesterday morning and I got an immediate reaction - I felt dizzy and a bit drowsy. The effects wore off a bit in the afternoon, but it made me decide to take the next one at night, rather than the morning. Dizziness is one of the possible side effects listed on the instructions, which also say that new patients normally take two 15 mg pills daily for the first month then move on to one 20 mg pill daily, but I've gone straight in at 20 mg daily. We'll see how I get on tonight after taking my second dose.

Kelly FaceTimed yesterday, so we got lots of kisses from little Miller - that was nice. So it's going to be grandson number 5 then. Some of you aren't trying hard enough.

No comments:

Blog Archive