Total Pageviews

Tuesday 29 September 2015

Busy morning

It was all go this morning - pick up my car from the golf club, then my paper and head for the Doctor's. We discussed my recent visit to the cardiologist. He had recommended coming off aspirin and moving to the new generation of anti-coagulants like Rivaroxaban. This time last year, my GP had persuaded me to give it one more year before changing drugs, so now was the time to change - and he agreed, so I've got a month's trial to do, then back to the GP. If all's well, he'll give me another 2 months' worth of the drug and, at the end of that period we'll decide whether to continue with it permanently or not. Unlike Warfarin, there's no antidote, so, if I bleed, it's serious. I'll have to be even more careful on my cycling trips.

I rushed from the Doctor's to my new Dentist for his initial assessment. Generally OK, but a bit of pus round my implant and a dodgy filling that needs replaced - on Friday.

Next stop was the pharmacist/chemist to pick up my new medicine, then on to Special FX who act as the local UPS depot. (I had to return a part I'd ordered from Apple - incorrectly). Then it was off for a haircut - back down to a bare number 4 again. I think I'll need to buy another head shaver.

The Legion was next - annual renewal time - then it was home again. Good day to wash both cars, I thought. Good idea but it gave our next door neighbour an opportunity to complain about the location of our bins on the driveway - too close to her house apparently.

A bit of bad news - an old friend of mine from Knightswood days died last week. Colin McKay was just 67. I hadn't seen him for decades but we still exchanged Xmas cards. He had type 3 colon cancer and was operated on last Wednesday, but there were complications and he was put on life support before passing away peacefully. Colin and I were pretty close in the 60's and early 70's. He was at our wedding and, before that, at my 21st:


That's Colin lying down at the front of the photo - and his sister Moira is on the far left.

No comments:

Blog Archive