Total Pageviews

Friday 10 April 2015

Physio diagnosis

Caroline tested my knee ligaments and cartilage and said they were fine. Her conclusion this morning was that I have Baker's Cyst - not really a cyst at all, more a sac:


She gave me some ultrasound and I go back again next week. I have to keep on doing the knee exercises, and ice the back of the knee, but no real need for any more Ibuprofen, which I'd stopped taking this week, without any noticeable difference. She said that these things normally disappear themselves between 6-12 weeks after the op, but the ice, ultrasound and exercises should give the healing process a nudge forward. She checked for DVT but no signs present.

I also asked if there was anything I shouldn't be doing, but she confirmed that cycling, walking and golf are all OK, and any of these will not cause any more damage to the knee - the same answer as the surgeon gave me - that's encouraging.

No comments:

Blog Archive