Total Pageviews

Monday 19 January 2015

Sunday/Monday activities

Sunday was a really lazy one. Chris' Mum & Dad, Lorene & David, came over to see us in the afternoon, so we just hung around the apartment in the morning, only popping out to grab some cake to offer our guests. We needn't have bothered - they arrived bearing gifts - edible, of course. We shared this Germanic-looking concoction consisting of pastry containing apple and custard, topped with icing - can't remember the name. The second gift they brought we haven't opened yet - it's a gift pack containing Brioche Crispbread, Masala Jam and Nigella Kasundi, whatever that is. We look forward to trying it out.

We had supper in the on-site Peninsula Bar, where we sat on the veranda, overlooking the golf course, with the sun going down:


For the record, Jo had prawns and I had squid - both very nicely cooked.

Monday morning's exercise was golf. I decided I would like to try and walk rather than buggy - and I did for the first 9 holes, with Jo accompanying (but not caddying) me. Jo's still struggling a bit with a cough/cold - she blames Chris and Miller! - and she couldn't walk any more, so we took a buggy for the back nine. Jo was snapping away with her camera:



I always used to joke that Jo was "barking" and she certainly has been these last few days - she sounds like an Alsatian dog, but we think it's easing a little now and she's moved on to the runny nose stage now. We understand Miller is on the way back as well now, having taken antibiotics.

I'd finished the one and only book I'd brought down to Normanville with me - the others I left in Adelaide - so we went looking for another book to keep me occupied for the rest of the week and we came across a charity shop with a few second hand paperbacks. Nothing much took my fancy but I decided to invest 50 cents in a Frederick Forsyth novel - The Afghan - the first time I've tried one of his books.

The rest of Monday was spent lazing around - a short snooze then a dip in the pool, followed by a jacuzzi bath, then supper - a take-away pizza, washed down with Penfolds Koonunga Hill Cab Sauv. Sitting on our porch, watching the sun go down, we waited for the kangaroos to come hopping over the golf course as they do at this time every evening. A mother and her Joey came right up to the tennis courts beside us. When I got up to take a photograph, I got a proper stare from Mum:


I didn't go any closer and after a few minutes, they hopped off, with little Joey bringing up the rear:


Today (Tuesday) we'll probably drive around a bit - once we've both had breakfast.

No comments:

Blog Archive