Total Pageviews

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Wednesday woes

Can't keep medical stories out of my blog just now. Last night, we were at the fund-raising dinner for Banchory Sports Village at the Marcliffe. The meal itself had huge portions, topped by dessert, which was a massive brandy basket with 2 large balls of ice cream inside.

Most of our table couldn't finish the brandy basket, but I munched my way through it - and now I wish I hadn't. Ageing receding gums mean that bits of food often get stuck between my teeth and I thought this had happened again, and I must have spent the next 10 minutes or so trying to remove the offending morsel with my tongue. Eventually, something gave way - relief! Whoops - what's this? It's a chunk of rotten tooth:

Outside

Inside
Horrible, isn't it? So today I phoned my dentist and I'm going to see her tomorrow afternoon - presumably to remove what's left of the tooth.

Much better medical news is that Gary has got his appointment through quickly for his heart scan - he goes along on Monday afternoon.

Nothing much else to report today.

No comments:

Blog Archive