Total Pageviews

Thursday 6 November 2014

Thursday evening

Well, I've been to the dentist and she says I have 2 basic options with my broken tooth - extract or crown. The problem is that the tooth basically consists of filling now, so putting a crown on it may not be the best idea, leaving extraction as the realistic option.

There's always a "but" however - if the dentist does it, the tooth is likely to break up when she gets the forceps round it and it may be that the (3) roots don't come out cleanly, which might mean a subsequent operation by an oral surgeon. Alternatively, I could just bypass the dentist and go straight to the oral surgeon. If I did that, there would be no point in using the NHS - the waiting list is apparently endless - so it would be an expensive private job.

The upshot is that I've made an appointment next Thursday to have the dentist remove it. It's my upper right 7th and I still have a lower right 7th which would then have nothing to oppose it, meaning it would grow steadily out of my gum. Apparently teeth grow quickly when unopposed - as much as 1 mm. per month.

No other startling news today, but I did notice a link on the Allen Valleys Folk Festival Facebook page which was a trailer filmed when we were there last month. Check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uXGzmQhPXs and scroll forward to 2:26 and 2:32 to see us in the audience to see Michael Chapman.

No comments:

Blog Archive