Total Pageviews

Sunday 19 October 2014

Warm Sunday

It's another unseasonably warm day today - just like yesterday. No jackets required at the football yesterday even although we were sitting in the shade. Taking selfies with your camera rather than the phone (which has got a reverse feature) is always a bit tricky:


I didn't quite make in in to the above shot, so I thought I'd try again, but Colin forgot to smile:


You may be wondering why there's only 2 of us in the above photos, when we'd planned for 3 of us to be there - including Gary, who was running in the Loch Kinord 10K beforehand (as a Veteran for the first time in the 39-59 age category). Gary drove over to ours in the morning and his pal Jamie Ross picked him up and took him down to Dinnet. I said I would come along and pick Gary up after the race.

It was a beautiful morning and I was in plenty of time, so I sat and read my paper as I waited at the pretty finishing straight:


It took ages before the leaders finished - apparently the race started late - but eventually the runners started to appear. Jamie was in the top 10, I think, in a time of just over 40 minutes on a tricky course. Gary came in several minutes later, but still well up the field:



He immediately collapsed in a heap. I let him rest for 10 minutes or so and eventually managed to get him in to my car and take him back to Banchory, but he wasn't feeling at all good and lay down in our hall as soon as I got him home. It was several hours later before Gary felt strong enough to drive home. Bit of a scary experience - Gary thinks he needs to go to the Doctor's and have some blood tests to find out what's causing it.

So that was why there was only 2 of us at Tannadice yesterday. Gary's taken Luca to the cinema today, so he seems to have recovered from his ordeal, thankfully.

The rest of today will be an easy relaxing one, but hopefully some cycling or golf tomorrow.

No comments:

Blog Archive