Total Pageviews

Saturday 18 October 2014

The weekend proper starts here

Yesterday (Friday) was Luca's last day here this week. Carole came to pick him up about tea-time, but I was gone by then, so I missed her.

Gary's back here this morning and he and Jamie Ross are now about to head off to Dinnet for the Loch Kinord 10K. I'm picking him up at the end of the race and will bring him back to Banchory for a shower and then we'll pick up Colin and head down to Dundee to see the Jags.

I phoned the optician yesterday and she told me to stop taking the antibiotic cream, but to start taking conventional eye drops (Sno*Tears). Sticking to matters medical, my blood results came back and there was a problem with my glucose levels so they need me to give blood again - this time after fasting. As a result, I won't be seeing my GP again on Tuesday to review my heart meds - this has been put off for a couple of weeks now.

I wonder if the bacteria in my eye - or the antibiotics I was taking - affected the glucose levels?

Before he went to bed on Thursday night, Luca drew up a "to do" list for Friday:


All achieved - except Chapter 8. The "play" in the afternoon was primarily me playing football with him on the grass in front of the house. It was the first time I had tried to kick a ball properly since my knee replacement. Luca was in goals to start with but he doesn't seem to like using his hands much, so I eventually went in goals and took this short video - http://youtu.be/N1UBYa-ZxIM

This was just after I had returned from my short afternoon cycle out to Crathes Castle and back via Tesco, so I was a bit stiff and sore - and I still had a game of squash doubles to come - my second game in the last year.

Jo was out at a church do last night and I had my usual Friday night beers with the football crowd - up at the Legion.

Dawn let us know that Uncle George's funeral is on Tuesday at Clydebank Crematorium, where Mum's and Dad's ashes are scattered, so we'll head down early Tuesday morning. Maybe we'll get a chance to see little Mara for the first time as well?

To close - and to level the playing field a little - here's a short video Kelly sent us of Miller listening to the nursery rhyme book Jo and I recorded - http://youtu.be/E49VLWDBRzQ

No comments:

Blog Archive