Total Pageviews

Thursday 27 February 2014

February ending - Spring coming?

Yes, it's been lovely this week - makes you think of Spring - but it's still early enough in the year for a few weather shocks yet. What is really encouraging is the longer days. I came home early today and Jo had neighbour Isobel in for her weekly chat, so I decided to jump on the bike and head west a bit.

I didn't get very far when I thought about going to the driving range at Inchmarlo to hit a few balls. I hadn't played since Tenerife in October and although my knee has been feeling good, I haven't been tempted to try it out - until today. I hit a bucket of balls (50) with no reaction at all - an encouraging sign. It's less than 4 weeks until I go to Dubai for a week's golf, so I need to get some more practice in soon.

I have been frustrated, however, in my attempts to get 2 tickets for Ross and I to go and watch Aberdeen in the League Cup Final (Gary's working that day and can't join us). I'll try again tomorrow, however.

This Saturday, Gary and I are travelling through to Dingwall to see Thistle play Ross County in a crunch match which could go a long way to determining who has to go in to the play-offs for relegation - Ross can't make this one.

The rest of this week has been one of dealing with some redundancies we're unfortunately having to make. Throw in a Board meeting and a meeting with our Bank and it's not really been a barrel of laughs.

The really good news, however, came on Tuesday when Jo got the all-clear at hospital. I took her in for her mammogram and subsequent breast examination, but they were very happy that there was nothing sinister there and they didn't need to do a biopsy. The pain she has been getting and the thickening in the tissue has apparently been brought on by nerve irritation between the ribs.

That same day we heard the good news about Julie's pregnancy. That took me by surprise, I must admit. Grannie Dawn? Doesn't sound right.

I managed one of my irregular visits to Bannatyne's yesterday. Not having done anything other than eat and drink for several days, I was badly in need of it. I know cycling is good for my knee rehabilitation, but the exercise bike is no substitute for getting out on a real bike. It's not that I can't do it, but 30 minutes on an exercise bike is so tough mentally. There's no respite - you've just got to keep pedalling and pedalling, going nowhere fast. I did a bit of weights work as well, then a little splash in the pool, steam room and jacuzzi.

Oh - and Kelly FaceTimed us on Tuesday evening when we were in Inverurie. My, Miller is fairly coming on - he looks a big strong boy. It reminded and encouraged me to look again for suitable flights Down Under, but nothing doing yet, I'm afraid.

So I think that's my week so far.

No comments:

Blog Archive