Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 February 2014

Events of the last week

Been a busy time - both at work and socially - since my last post. First of all work - going through a tough time and we've announced some changes, which include some redundancies and the closure of the admin facilities at our Aberdeen office - we're centralizing things in Fraserburgh, although production in Aberdeen carries on as normal.

My contribution to the cuts is to go part-time from April onwards - 3 days per week. It will be interesting to see how this pans out in practice - I need to ensure that I don't end up doing the same work for 40% less salary. I have to ensure that my extra 2 days per week are kept for me time and that I don't get sucked in to doing work then.

We started this process last Tuesday in Fraserburgh, but I'm determined that all the detail and the bad news will be complete by the end of this week - it's never good to let these things rumble on.

On Wednesday, I worked from home as I had a Webinar to do. This also gave me the chance to go cycling with the boys again on Wednesday morning (details on my cycling blog).

Thursday was Fraserburgh again, but on Friday we headed off to Pitlochry in the afternoon for the Winter Words Festival that we've attended for the last few years. We - and Colin and Johanne Kilgour - were staying at the Pine Trees Hotel, which was basically a grand old house - spacious and quiet - perfect! Here's Jo and I on the first floor settee as we were about to head out for the evening:


It was pretty near the town centre, with the only drawback the hill you had to climb on the way back. Not quite Mount St. Banchory, but similar. On the way down the hill, it was pretty obvious that Spring was just around the corner:


As well as the snowdrops, there were crocuses too.

We walked down over the famous dam and fish ladder to the theatre to see Mike McCartney - Paul's younger brother. Colin and I chatted to him afterwards at the book signing:


We took a slightly different route back - over the railway line. Twa auld biddies followed us:


We had a nice bar supper at the Old Mill Inn, then a nightcap back at our hotel:


Fun day. More photos etc on my other Headbang and Ale Adventures blogs. More to follow.

No comments:

Blog Archive