Total Pageviews

Sunday 12 January 2014

Weekend so far

Our first weekend at home alone since they all flew off and what have we done so far? Well, Jo went to see Frozen at the cinema yesterday with Gary and Luca - and 2 of Luca's pals. So what did I do when Jo was away? It was a beautiful, crisp day again and so I thought I would get out on the bike and pick up my paper and also do a few of the local beer surveys at the same time.

Morrison's - Scott Skinner's, the Legion and, lastly, the Burnett Arms for a bacon buttie was my route. The hardest part was cycling up the hill to the Legion - I'd forgotten how unfit I was.

Today (Sunday) I walked over to the golf course and met the guys, and then, this evening we drove out to Alford to do a couple of pub surveys. We intended stopping off at the Learney Arms, Torphins on the way back to have some supper - but it was shut, so we drove down to Banchory and walked along to the Douglas - and it was shut too! It still wasn't even 8 pm. Thank goodness the Burnett was still open and serving food.

Going off at a tangent, I spotted this advert:


Do you think Jo and I should go for this?

I was checking my time share web sites and this was the image on one of them - remember this kiddiewinkles?:




No comments:

Blog Archive