Total Pageviews

Friday 10 January 2014

10 weeks on

Yes - exactly 10 weeks ago today I was in Albyn having my leg hacked to bits, with chunks of metal and plastic inserted in place of the missing pieces of bone. I can almost look back fondly on it now, but it wasn't all that long ago I was in despair. Time is, literally, the healer.

That's my first week's work over. Today was the busiest day of the week - I was in before 9 am and didn't leave until after 3:30 pm. Six and a half hours - that's pretty much a full day.

I've been to Bannatyne's a couple of times this week, but I was a bit late leaving the office this afternoon, so I came straight home and jumped on the exercise bike. I've started again to digitise my old vinyl and it's all set up downstairs, so my time on the bike was exactly the time it took to record the first side of Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run - about 18 minutes.

I saw evidence of somebody else having used the exercise bike today. I don't think Jo's too keen however - she finds it very uncomfortable.

It's the time of year for the CAMRA pub surveys again so we went to the Branch meeting at the Bobbin Mill last night. Jo offered to drive, but I think she may regret it a little, as she found the whole experience fairly dull.

It's 7pm in the evening here, so it'll be 5:30 am in Adelaide just now. I imagine Kelly and Chris are up by now, and doing their final packing prior to their move to Semaphore. Exciting times.

No comments:

Blog Archive