Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 December 2013

Sunday morning catch-up

Well, it's not been a great couple of days for me. I picked up a slight bug and haven't been eating but, more importantly haven't been sleeping at all. I dread going to bed at night, knowing I'll just toss and turn all night long. Last night, we were in bed fairly early - 9pm to be exact - but within an hour I was up again. I went downstairs and watched Match of the Day, and thought I would take a Lemsip to see if that helped (I'm told not to take these as they don't mix with my other meds), but still couldn't sleep when I returned to bed about 11:30 pm.

I got up again after midnight and again went downstairs and watched some sport on TV - this time the Test Match from Adelaide. At 2 am, I returned once more to bed and, feeling slightly desperate, took a Tramadol - I had been weaning myself off these and hadn't had one for 3 days. I did eventually get a few hours sleep, thank goodness, and feel marginally more human this morning - I'm ready to go a walk and get the papers now, after not having walked at all the last couple of days.

Now here's the question going through my head - did I finally get a few hours' sleep this morning because the bug I had is now going, or was it the Tramadol? Perhaps my inability to sleep over the last few days has been withdrawal symptoms? In either case, I really don't want to take any more opiates and hope I don't get desperate enough to slip back again.

Yesterday, I managed to help Jo a little bit in loading the back of my car and taking some of the junk that has been filling our garage up to the tip - all without using my walking stick, so things are improving.

We missed Kelly's Face Time call last night - pity. She did send us a photo of Miller at a wedding:


Cute, eh?

Tomorrow, our new windows and doors get fitted, so it's going to be noisy and busy round here.

No comments:

Blog Archive