Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 December 2013

Busy Wednesday

It's been all go today. We awoke sharp at 6:30 and I went through my usual morning routine, all in good time for Jo to head to the hairdresser's at 9 am. While she was away, the Penicuik builder came round, unannounced, to finish off the external work under the window sills after the new ones were installed last week.

I had been invited to join Dan and Archie for coffee at the Douglas at 11 am, but I knew there was a delivery arriving between 11:30 am and 1:00 pm, and I still had errands to do. I dashed to the shops, did my errands and tried to get back in time for the delivery, but just missed it - sod's law, he was a few minutes early. No matter, he had left it with our neighbour, Trish, so I picked up the console that Jo had ordered and carried it home. It's not the same one as was on the blog last week, and Jo's now decided it goes in the kitchen, not the stairway, but here it is anyway:


Jo had been delayed getting home, having sidetracked to Orvis, so I ended up having to miss coffee with Dan and Archie, but I got another invitation a little later to meet up with Colin, Ian Sharp and Malcolm Lodge in Tease after their usual Wednesday cycle. In fact, I had lunch there, as I knew Jo was heading out for afternoon drinkies and mince pies at one of her pals.

It took some persuasion for Jo to allow me to drive her to her friend Jill's little matinee party, but we got there safely and I then went round to the tip and emptied my car with junk from our garage. No sooner was I home than Raemoir Garden Centre's van arrived with the tree that Jo had ordered at lunchtime.

Next was a phone message from TNT - they wanted to come round and pick up the massive drum kit that has been littering our house for 2-3 years now - since one of Ross' pals' pals, a Hungarian, left them here one year when we were away. The only problem is packaging - TNT have had to go back to their contact in Hungary to find out what their plans are here. We really thought this time we were going to get rid of this drum kit - and before Christmas too - but this late snag may delay things further.

So I picked up Jo from her afternoon do and we went straight to Morrison's to stock up on some goods for the chalet that Lucy and Kelly and families will be staying in from Friday. We FaceTimed Kelly this morning for any last minute requests. As I write this, they'll be getting up and heading to Adelaide Airport soon.

That's the story of my busy day.

No comments:

Blog Archive