Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Wednesday - back to work!

Slept not too bad. Sat up at 7 am and took my meds, then Jo brought my usual breakfast, after which I did my exercises and then showered. Then it was time for massage and further knee stretches. Jo oils my scar daily and also massages my hamstrings, part of which are stiff and gnarled. She then exerts pressure on my shin and thigh to try to get my knee to straighten out - she takes it to the point where I can't take any more pain and then three 10 second holds.

After that, it's time to put the compression stockings on, then the frozen peas are applied to my leg.

All of this takes 2-3 hours every morning.

We set off to Aberdeen for my physio appointment at Albyn at 10 am. He seemed reasonably happy with my progress so far, and he showed Jo how to do some more massage on the fluid on the front of my knee. I had to tell him we would only be coming back in to Aberdeen if we couldn't get sufficient appointments with the Banchory physio.

It made sense then to pop in to the office at Bridge of Don, where we picked up Jo's new laptop and I said hello again to a few of the staff. We didn't hang around however and soon we were back on the road to Banchory. Lunch then a snooze and before you know where you are it's 4 pm already - and I haven't done any exercises since the early morning ones. Must crack on.

No comments:

Blog Archive