Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Tuesday Physio

Early morning blog post today. Just back from physio. Fearing the worst after last week's telling off, I was pleased to get a little pat on the back today. She measured my knee bend, which had only been 50 ° last week when lying on the bed, and it had improved to 75 ° this week, so she seemed quite pleased at my progress.

When sitting, my knee bend is better than 75 ° - or so it seems to me anyway - but it's much harder when lying down to bring your knee up.

Her primary focus today, however, was on knee straightening. I can't get the back of my knee down on to the bed - but then again, I haven't been able to do that since I had the original injury back in 1970. She did feel I need to get more straight however and thought that my inner hamstring was way too tight, so she did some massage here - and showed Jo how to do it at home.

She also showed me a few more exercises designed to improve the straightening:


Seeing the heavy bruising still on my calf, the physio said there was still a lot to come out, and thought that I must be slow healer.

Our next session is on Thursday and she will focus on the knee bend then, but generally this morning was quite encouraging - and it was good to have Jo in there too to see what was required, and it was good too that she has been shown how she can help with some of the exercises and massage.

Tomorrow it's the physio at Albyn. It'll be interesting to compare and contrast.

So, back home now and I'll get on with some work. No more prunes today, however.

No comments:

Blog Archive