Total Pageviews

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Tuesday knee news

I was looking forward to a nice lazy day today, after yesterday at the office and gym. It started well - we didn't get up until 7:30 am and by the time we did the usual round of exercises and treatments etc, it was mid-morning. I thought I would walk along to the shops and get my paper but Jo had to go to the supermarket and get some fuel, so I just stayed at home and did some work.

So far so good. I received a couple of very helpful exercise tips from Scott and we decided to try out one of them. They were similar to those given to me by the Banchory physios, but with one major difference - Scott recommended minimum periods for bending and straightening of 15 minutes, compared to just a few by the locals. Additionally, Scott was recommending the exercises be done under more stress - using weights for example.

After lunch, we tried one of Scott's leg straightening exercises, using cans of food as weights. I then moved through to the front room to listen to the radio and read my paper, whilst Jo drove to Inverurie to pick Luca up. I fell asleep for about an hour and a half. When I awoke, my knee was throbbing and my body temperature had dropped dramatically and I had no feeling in the end of my fingers.

I popped some more pills and have now started to heat up again. Just when you think things are getting a bit better .......

We're keen to carry on with Scott's recommendations, but I'll need to increase the meds again to do it.

Last night, I received a phone call from Margaret Weir, who I worked with when I was training nearly half a century ago. (Margaret gets a mention in Renshaw's Chronicles - Part IV 1965 onwards (4)). I haven't spoken to her for years. Nice to hear from her again - she's retired now.

To close, a little piece of artistry from Friday's wedding - place names:


Julie's hair is the correct colour, but I guess Kieran's Mohican/Mohawk wasn't part of the plan.

No comments:

Blog Archive