Total Pageviews

Monday 25 November 2013

Back at work

The start of the week and it felt like it was almost back to the old routine again - with the exception of the preparation time - awake at 6:30 am, meds, breakfast, exercises, showers, massages, tights on, then off to work at 9:15 am.

I'd arranged 3 separate meetings as part of our preparation for Auto Enrolment next year (mandatory pension schemes for all workers). In the end, only one of the meetings was worth attending - the last one was a complete farce, which left me fizzing, wishing I'd stayed at home. I suspect one of those making the presentation to us may now lose their job, such was the incompetence.

Anyway, Jo picked me up again at 2 pm and we both headed down to Bannatyne's, where I intended to try out the static bikes. Regrettably, I failed miserably - my leg isn't yet ready to do a complete revolution, no matter how much we tried to adjust the saddle height etc. Disappointed, we headed down to the pool instead, where I spent most of the time walking up and down in the water, whilst Jo ploughed up and down the lengths.

By the time we got home, it was after 5 pm - it felt like a full day's work. The car journey wasn't too pleasant either - not Jo's fault, just too long at rush hour. By coincidence, I'd picked up some of the papers that I was given on discharge from hospital and noticed that one of the instructions was no long car journeys. I know why now.

Kelly and I missed each other on FaceTime again today, so we've scheduled a call tomorrow morning, when we've got nothing else planned.

No comments:

Blog Archive