Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 November 2013

First night at home

Well, how was it? It started poorly as Colin, Gary, Ross and I watched the Jags get thumped 4-0 by the Dons, but it got a little worse when I tried to rise from my chair to head upstairs. I used one stick to help me, but Ross was in the process of telling me to use both of them when I suddenly fell. Fortunately, Ross was close enough to catch me before I hit the ground, but it shook me a up a bit.

The night was restless, awaking every 2 hours or so - it seemed interminable - a bit like it had been in the hospital. I was getting stabbing, needle point pains in my knee and arthritic pains in my ankle and hip. I finally got up not long after 6 am and went down to the kitchen for breakfast and meds. The pain was still intense and drove me to tears, but the meds are now kicking in a bit and the pain is lessening a little. I've got the ice pack on now and hopefully that will help ease the swelling and allow me to do my exercises later on. Right now, I couldn't face them.

I fear it's going to be a long day.

No comments:

Blog Archive