Total Pageviews

Monday 11 March 2013

Another health report

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

It's Monday now and I'm back from my trip to Glasgow for the Wilko Johnson gig (details on Music blog). We took in the Thistle match as well, which was nice, and I was safely home on the train by lunchtime on Sunday. Ross and I were going to take Jo out for Mother's Day, but Jo preferred to stay at home as Lucy was going to FaceTime, so we just did fish suppers instead - plus an episode of Vegas and 2 of Spiral.

This morning, I went to the Sports Injury clinic to ask them to look at 2 long-running niggles I had - one with my wrist/hand has been making the squash racquet difficult to hold in recent months so I've had some treatment (including ultrasound) and he's given me some exercises to do prior to going back to see him again next week. It's in the sheath coming down from my index finger. I wondered if it was a version of vibration finger caused by using the touch mouse on the laptop, but he noticed the bony calcified lump on the back of my hand and thought that had probably caused it. The other injury is in my left ankle and it's a weakness I've had for a couple of years and he said there was some scar tissue there which he manipulated for a while and again gave me some exercises to do.

Anyway, no squash for me today now!

Closing today with a photo of my new sleeveless pullover that I got from Jo for my birthday. It looks the same colour as my shirt in this photo - but it's not really:


Hot off the presses - just heard about a gig by Mud Morganfield (son of Muddy Waters) this week at the Forum, so I've just bought tickets. Like London buses, you don't go to any gigs for absolutely ages, then, all of a sudden, 2 or 3 come along at once.

No comments:

Blog Archive