Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 January 2013

Weekend blog

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

First weekend at home for a while and I'm taking the opportunity to revel in doing just about nothing. Why, even my Saturday and Sunday papers were brought to me, courtesy of Jo (yesterday) and Ross (this morning).

I did go to the golf club on Friday night and have a few beers at the quiz night - it was nice to see everyone again. Not sure exactly when we all stop wishing each other Happy New Year though.

I also went to the Douglas last night to watch the tea-time match and have a couple of beers with Colin and Ian McRae, so you can see I'm not completely de-toxing after our Aussie holiday. Lucy was on FaceTime last night and we were talking about how, when we come home after our American holiday each year, they make a point of taking absolutely no alcohol for a while. In other words, all the beer, wine and cocktails we consume daily in Grants Pass is all our fault. Maybe she's right?

I guess Kelly and Chris will be feeling exactly the same just now - not having to imbibe daily. Yes, holidays are for sunshine, heat, books and alcohol - or so it seems.

I especially enjoy reading books on holiday - I seldom get the time to devour them at home - an occasional chapter before I go to sleep, that's all. I read Diary of a Football Nobody, plus a Michael Connelly Harry Bosch novel - and half another one - and Lorene (Chris' Mum) gave me one of her Lee Childs' Jack Reacher (now a Hollywood novel starring Tom Cruise - http://www.jackreachermovie.co.uk/) books to read as well. I'm sure I read another book too, but can't remember which one it was now - it's probably still at Kelly and Chris' place. I've brought Pete Townsend's autobiography home - it was a Christmas present from Kelly and Chris.

We've also started watching Homeland Series 1 - we missed out on it when it started, but are catching up now. We've come back to the usual mountain of Corries as well - good zoning filler when you're a little zonked out. A new series of Borgen started on BBC Four when we were away so we've missed the first couple of episodes - damn - and they're not on catch-up TV, so we're going to have to figure it out somehow. All these series start each episode with what happened in previous episodes anyway, so we should be alright.

So what's on the agenda today then? Sunday Times of course, plus Match of the Day, followed by the Chelsea - Arsenal and Spurs - Man Utd matches, with filler supplied by the golf from Abu Dhabi - played on one of my favourite courses - one I know well. Sounds good to me - best get on with it then. Bye for now.

No comments:

Blog Archive