Total Pageviews

Saturday 26 January 2013

Saturday blog

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

Travel to work did get much easier towards the end of the week. I got up early on Thursday morning fearing the worst for my journey to Fraserburgh, but I sailed through and was at my desk in the Broch by 7:45 am - well ahead of schedule. It was a busy day, but I made it back down to Kippie Lodge in time to get a game of doubles with Malcolm, Richard, Keith and Dan.

The forecast for Friday was bad and I was swithering about whether to work from home or not. I was tempted by the additional possibility of watching Andy Murray's semi-final from Melbourne, but, in the end, I went to the Bridge of Don office, where I was able to do some work and also watch Andy's great win. Tomorrow morning - like the rest of the nation - I'll be glued to my TV, hoping he can pull it off against Djokovic.

This morning, we watched the Tour Down Under - with the sound off mostly - on TV, looking out for some of the places round Adelaide that we'd visited a few short weeks ago. Then, Gary and Luca arrived - the first time Jo had seen them since before Christmas. They had come directly from Luca's football practice and he was resplendent in his new Aberdeen strip - a Christmas present. When I asked him to pose, he insisted on also showing one of the Octonauts gifts that Kelly and Chris had bought for him:


It's a beautiful, almost spring-like day outside, but with plenty of snow still lying on the golf course - ideal for sledging down the 3rd hole, as our children, nephews and nieces, and, indeed, other grandchildren, have done over the years - but the boy is not for turning. He'd rather stay indoors with his Granny Jo.

No comments:

Blog Archive