Total Pageviews

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Another moan

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

Yes, here I go again. It's been a week of travel hell. I made it to Fraserburgh yesterday - eventually. Again the major problem was wind blowing dry, powdery snow off the fields on to the roads. I was listening to the local travel reports - including NorthSound's JamBuster line - and they were bad enough to make me stop off in Inverurie for a cup of tea and assess whether to go on or not.

I had the good grace to phone Carole before I stopped off at Rae Circle, giving her the chance to hurriedly get dressed. Gary was just getting ready to go to work and Luca was there, complete with big smiles and a giant hug - that made it all worthwhile stopping.

In Fraserburgh itself, there wasn't even the remotest sign of snow. However, I had experienced what it was like inland, so I decided to drive home down the coastal road to Aberdeen - and that was fine until I got to Garlogie where I started to hear the ominous rumble of hard packed ice under the tyres, so it was a slow crawl from there.

Summary of yesterday - time spent at work = four and a half hours. Time spent in car = 5 hours. Something not right there.

Today wasn't much better. I'd had enough of side roads and decided to stick to main roads only on my way to our Aberdeen factory at Bridge of Don. The problem with this is, nowadays, Westhill is so busy with all the oil service companies that have set up there, that it was nose to tail all the way from there to B.o.D. Elapsed time to my office - 2 hours. Grrr.

I'll be out of here soon - well before everyone else heads home hopefully.

Tomorrow it's Fraserburgh again. Any bets on how long it's going to take me?

No comments:

Blog Archive