Total Pageviews

Thursday 6 September 2012

More press

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

I got quoted in today's Deeside Piper article about the lack of a decent swimming pool in Banchory - check out http://www.deesidepiper.co.uk/news/local-headlines/calls-for-new-pool-in-banchory-1-2510659

Following on yesterday's comments about my annual health screen, despite the predictable adverse comments on my diet, I think overall I was pretty much in range for most things - in fact, pretty good on some of them, like BP and Cholesterol. The adverse ones included the fact that I was dehydrated at the time of the test - no surprise as it was taken first thing in the morning after over 12 hours of fasting with no liquids. This too could have contributed to the trace of protein they found in my urine - often caused by a concentrated sample.

My weight and BMI are also rising - but I knew that.

The bad one was my liver function tests which showed a raised Gamma GT - 127, when the recommended range is 10 to 60. It's almost identical to last year's screen result, but these 2 results were much higher than in previous years. I blame the Lesinas - we had just returned from a month's holiday in USA. Mental note to self - get screened before we go off on holiday next year.

Talking about holidays, we got one of our exchange requests coming through, so we know we're going to South Lake Tahoe for a week in mid-July - http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/travel/rnotl-marriotts-timber-lodge/

Must get on with booking flights now. We have Avios points to use and a Companion Voucher too, but no doubt there'll be no availability for Air Miles bookings at that time of year.

No comments:

Blog Archive