Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 July 2012

One week to go

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

Exactly a week until we head off to USA - but it's still a bit of a mad time for me. I was away in London this last weekend for my annual cricket visit to Lord's - plus a gig - and some beers, of course (details in my football, beer and music blogs), and then I'm away this weekend golfing down in Dumfries and Galloway - an area I don't really know at all. I get back from there on Monday night and then have to pack hurriedly for our departure to USA on Tuesday morning, squeezing in a couple of hours in the office first of all.

On my way down to Dumfries on Saturday morning, I have to detour to Hamilton for my check-up appointment with the Orthotist. I hope he can do something about the additional stick-on wedges, which keep slipping out of position.

I must be getting anxious about it all - either that or I need lessons from Fergie on how to chew gum safely. I was driving to work this morning, chewing away, when suddenly I bit really hard on the front edge of my tongue. Blood all over the place - how do you stop a tongue bleeding? Never done that before - how stupid is that?

Gary brought Luca over last night - he's with us for 5 nights now - school has stopped for the summer and it saves Gary and Carole some day care costs if he stays with us. Tomorrow morning, I'm bringing him in to the office - Jo's got a hairdresser's appointment.

That's about it for now. I'll finish with one of the photos from last weekend that aren't already published on Facebook or other blogs. This is Dave Williamson, Colin Kilgour and I having a quiet beer in Henley-on-Thames on Sunday:


No comments:

Blog Archive