Total Pageviews

Saturday 6 August 2011

More Grants Pass musings

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

Well, blow me - it's Friday night already and that's a week of our holiday gone. Scott, Lucy and the boys are at football training/conditioning every midweek night just now, so Jo and I are sitting here updating our respective blogs.

Tomorrow we head north to Eugene/Springfield for the Blues and Brews festival - http://www.wvbbf.org/ - we're staying overnight, so should be fun.

Lucy's been on holiday the last couple of days and from now until we travel back, but Scott still has to work - apart from this coming Monday, when we may golf again. He, Vic and I took part in a Scramble competition - just 9 holes - on Tuesday evening at Applegate. It was fun, but we were rubbish.

I tried Scott's bike the other day and, this morning, there were a few early morning clouds, so I thought I'd take the chance to head out again before the sun broke through properly and it got too hot. I rode downtown and went round a few book shops, then headed back through the parks, across the river:


While I was downtown, I came across this place:


Look closely!

There was also this:


Going back in time, yesterday was a lazy day at the Lesina ranch, which afforded me time to finish the latest John Grisham (The Confession) - it only took me just over 2 days. I've always liked his style, but, after a while, it becomes a little predictable. I hadn't read one of his books for a couple of years, so I thought I would try again, but perhaps it was a mistake. I'm now on to Gerald Seymour's The Dealer and the Dead.

Wednesday was, of course, Cade's 11th birthday proper and, with Jo and I in charge of proceedings, we headed south to the Family Fun Center in Medford. There were a few twists and turns but we got there in the end. Blink of an eye and $100 was gone - amazing! The go-karts were fun - Cade on his own, now that he's tall enough, and me with Braeden. I managed to lose my phone on the first ride - temporary panic, but soon resolved.

We all got thoroughly soaked on the Bumper Boats so I lay out on the grass and let the sun work its magic. We had arranged to meet Scott and Lucy in Applebee's for the birthday tea - and it was very nice. Good surroundings and we all sat at a high, circular table with footrests - lovely. As ever, the staff sang and clapped a birthday celebration as they presented Cade with cake:


So that's me up to date now. There have been a few minor changes at Delsie Drive since we were last here, not least of which is the lovely job Scott and his Dad and pal did on re-painting the entire outside of the house. One or two minor changes at the back as well - watch this video on the blog:

No comments:

Blog Archive