Total Pageviews

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Grants Pass happenings

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

The day after the pre birthday party was fairly quiet. Jo and Lucy went to church early on Sunday morning and then we just hung around until late afternoon, when we headed down to Medford for a little bit of birthday shopping, followed by dinner at Kaleidoscope - our favourite pizza pub.

It was back to work this morning for Scott and Lucy, so we were on babysitting duties. We had a little bit of shopping to get as well, but the boys always complain when we have to drag them round in the car, so I said I would do the shopping - and soon - because I wanted to get a little bit of exercise and a quick cycle up to Albertston's before the heat of the day seemed like a good idea.

Scott's bike seemed ready, but when I made it to the shop, I realised it wasn't necessarily the best plan to leave the bike outside without a padlock. I darted round the store and was relieved to find the bike still there when I got out - both from the point of view of it not being nicked, but, more importantly to me at the time, the fact that I didn't have to walk all the way back with all the shopping on my back!

We had lunch and chilled out until the pool beckoned:


I finished my book - Keith Richards' Life - and will now leave it here for Kelly to read when she comes over to see Scott and Lucy next year.

This report comes to you courtesy of my new lightweight laptop and Lucy's new wireless signal, which has much better upload speeds than we get back in Banchory - are you listening, Ross?

Today is the day the painter arrives at Arbor Court - hope Ross helped him out OK - Davie is in his 70's now and it's a long haul down from Fraserburgh every day for him. Ross is also dog-sitting for the next 2 weeks, so he's going to be a full-time carer! (Hopefully some work too!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey dad, glad you're enjoying yourself. Davie got started in the front room today and all is well. Still no sign of Kujo, but I'll chase Ann and Lesley tomorrow to see what the craic is. Derek got in touch too, so whilst work is quite quiet there should be something good on the horizon.

Speak again soon, pass my love on to everyone over there.

Ross

Blog Archive