Total Pageviews

Friday 10 September 2010

Belated birthday treat

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

We hadn't had a chance to take Ross out for a meal on his birthday, as we had Luca on Tuesday, so we decided to go out last night - and we invited Gary and Carole along. Here we are, walking up to the Tor-na-Coille hotel - Ross in his new shirt - bought by Gary and Carole - and Luca still in his sling:


The most photographed boy in Scotland can still be coy like his mother when he's asked to smile for the camera:

Slightly better this time - half face at least:

and finally, his Dad succeeded where I had failed:


So, did Ross get this birthday shoes on Wednesday? - nope - "too expensive" says he - but we're paying, Ross! Did he pick any tops etc? Also nope. Have the old cars moved out of our driveway yet? - I think you can guess the answer. Frustrating.

I didn't feel too good yesterday and I'm not sure about today either. Discovered what I think is an abscess in my gum, immediately above where I lost some plaque on one of my eye teeth a few months ago - coincidence or not? Perhaps the poison is getting me down a bit. Need to be fully fit for the West Highland Way next week. I've got an appointment at the dental hygienist's on Monday anyway, so, assuming I survive the weekend, that'll be a chance for them to look at it.

Well, it's 9/11 tomorrow - always get a bit of a shudder when I think about it. It doesn't help when all the loonies come out of their trees, as seems to be happening again now with this nutty pastor from Florida. Better to fight the battles on the sports fields, I think. Which reminds me - the Ryder Cup starts 3 weeks today - when I'm in hospital having my knees done.

Quiz night at the golf club tomorrow - should be fun - and let's hope it stays dry for the weekend too - it doesn't look too nice now, but the forecast's not too bad.

No comments:

Blog Archive