Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 March 2010

Birthday aftermath etc

Our headbang at Gary's on Friday was good - see Music blog for details and photos. They even bought a cake for me and we had it in the early hours of Saturday morning. When I got home, Jo had left out my presents - chocolate featured of course, but I also got the book I wanted - Jack Bruce - Composing Myself - and a pile of M & S socks:



Do these look like socks I would wear? I didn't think so at first, but Jo pointed out to me that the vivid fluorescent colours are only on the soles - and you won't see them when I wear them. In fact, she bought them because she is having problems matching up my pairs of socks just now - grey and blue are regularly mixed together, and there's a whole pile of single socks downstairs!

Saturday was nice - Gary, Carole and Luca came over, and Dawn came up as well. Luca was looking forward to my birthday cake and he put the candles on. It was supposed to be 6 silver ones and 1 white one, but Luca decided all 12 from the packets should go on:


Chocolate featured heavily in my other presents - no chance of  losing any of the weight I put on last week in Marrakech then before we go to USA.

Luca was a bit shy with Dawn at first, but he soon relaxed with her - especially when she started reading to him:


Carole was going on a Hen night, for which the dress code was black and bling. She wouldn't let me take her picture without make-up, but I eventually got her later - a little reluctantly and with Gary as shield:


So today's the first of our planned monthly training walks prior to our September 4 day walk on the West Highland Way. Wish me luck - Clach-na-Ben will have to wait until the next time (April 18th?) as there will still be too much soft snow up there, so it's the bus out to Potarch, then walk back with a detour up Scolty.

No comments:

Blog Archive