Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 February 2010

Mild weekend

It's been a pretty calm weekend - certainly by recent standards. I was back on the golf course this morning and conditions were delightful. The absence of wind meant the temperature felt fine - even though it's still only a few degrees.

When I got home, I looked out the back and what should I see on the embankment, but 2 little deer:



Jo arrived back from the Milton at the same time as I did and there to greet her on the porch were her Valentine's Day flowers, which she swiftly took upstairs and put n a vase:


That's been our Sunday so far, but yesterday Jo went in to spend the day with her former work colleague Sylvia. They had a nice long lunch at the Mariner - I told Jo I would have found it hard to go back there as it would bring memories of Dave Edwards and the poor condition he finds himself in now.

I just vegetated on a diet of sport - a bit of golf from India in the morning, then the classic Aberdeen - Celtic 4-4 draw (sorry, Gary!), followed by the typically tragic Scottish tale of woe in the rugby at Cardiff. Also had a pint with Colin and watched the second half of the France-Ireland rugby then the Man City-Stoke footy cup tie. Phew - enough sport for one day, I think.

On Saturday night, we watched The Curious Tale of Benjamin Button - it was long and left us both a bit cold. Pity - I thought the idea had some promise, although Brad Pitt as an 80 year old baby was more like a gremlin!

That's it for now. I've looked out some of my stuff for travelling to Marrakech a week tomorrrow, but, before that, it's Edinburgh tomorrow then the physio in the evening. My knee was troubling me again on the golf course this morning - not a good omen for a week of golf - nor, for that matter, the ideal preparation for a year when I'm hoping to be doing some relatively serious hill-walking.

Lastly, just noticed that they've made a film of the book I finished last month - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - it's released March 12th.

No comments:

Blog Archive