Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 December 2009

Luca is 3

Happy birthday to little Luca, who stayed over again last night - and also slept right through till I was leaving for work. Bye bye, Luca - "happy Christmas, Grandad".

I'm at work again this morning but will leave for Inverurie at lunchtime - can't resist the lure of Peppa Pig cake. We had some snow last night - it must have come quite late as the roads in Banchory hadn't been cleared - although the ploughs were on the roads as I gingerly drove to work. The temperature is a lot higher though - at least 10 C warmer than yesterday - i.e. it's now a positive number! More snow forecast for tomorrow - don't think I'll bother travelling to work in that case.

I had intended to come home home in the early afternoon yesterday but made a slight diversion to go in to Comet to look at their range of cameras. I'd like to get a decent quality camera, but I like the convenience of being able to carry a small camera on my belt. Digital SLR's are getting smaller, but they're still relatively bulky in comparison with non-SLR's. In fact, it appears the dividing lines are breaking down - a few manufacturers are advertising hybrids nowadays - you've probably seen the PEN adverts on TV. I'm still not quite sure what the distinction is exactly - I'll probably have to talk to somebody that knows a bit more about it.

Anyway, I was heading home through the busy city centre traffic when Keith sent me a message proposing racquetball at Kippie, so that meant another diversion on the way home - firstly to get a quick sandwich for lunch, then to Kippie, then a quick beer with Keith and Les - we swapped cardiac stories - an increasing trend nowadays.

No comments:

Blog Archive