Total Pageviews

Wednesday 11 November 2009

Some Blog stats

Still feeling choked up - coughing half the night away when I lie down. I feel OK most of the time - I'm even planning to play squash tomorrow (although I've pulled out of footy on Friday) - but it's worse when I'm lying down, trying to sleep.

Perhaps my mood contributed to me re-iterating the point that Gary keeps making and having another moan this morning about lack of blog entries. Rather than just having a general moan, I thought it would be good to try to be analytical and look at the actual stats:

  1. Me - I run 4 different blogs - family, golf, football and squash. I started blogging in March, 2007 and have so far posted a total of 875 separate blogs - 595 of them on the family blog, of which there have been 203 this year alone. My overall average posting rate therefore works out at just short of one for every day since I started.
  2. Gary - was a late starter (Sep 08) but has since posted 183 blog entries on the current blog (plus one he ran for a little while before moving to Blogspot). Gary, on average, is posting every other day.
  3. Lucy - started November 2007 and has so far posted a total of 202 blogs - which works out at about half the rate of Gary's.
  4. Jo - started September 2008 and has posted 184 so far, which, a little surprisingly, is almost identical to Gary's rate. There has been a big drop off in recent months, however - Jo will cite technical problems, but she will also confess that she has lost some interest.
  5. Kelly - what can I say? We keep waiting for the Kelly in Oz blog to start up, but there's still no sign of it!

So -here's the challenge - set yourself a realistic goal, based on past performance, and then stick to it, so we all know what to expect - even if it's only one per week. I enjoy reading them all and personally can't get enough of them - and Facebook doesn't even come close to matching what a blog can offer.

Rant over - have a good day!

No comments:

Blog Archive