Total Pageviews

Monday 30 November 2009

Monday morning - freezing

It was cold this morning - frozen sleet on the windscreen had to be cleared before I could head off to work - and, when I got there, the heating was off, so we're all sitting here trying to work with our coats on!

Well, we had our pheasants yesterday - two was more than enough for the 3 of us. They were pretty good - a pleasant change anyway.

The gig at the Lemon Tree on Friday was pretty good, even although I wasn't really feeling much like going after the extraction. On Saturday morning, my taxi arrived at the ridiculous time of 8:50 am to take me to the corporate hospitality at Pittodrie. By 10 am, I was already in the boardroom and on my second glass of champagne! The meal was good and the football was too - well, the result anyway - the Dons beat Rangers 1-0 - made all the sweeter by a bunch of arrogant Huns sitting behind me.

I got home not long after 4 pm - Jo was out - she had gone to visit Anne in hospital - so I had time for a quick nap before we headed off to the McWhinnies in the evening for a spot of supper. By the end of the evening, I'd had more than enough food and drink in one day.

Got a game of golf on Sunday, albeit a couple of sleety showers nearly put us off. The afternoon and early evening had promised a feast of derby football, but I was pretty bored by it and only watched it intermittently. When Jo got back from visiting Anne again, we had to try and get rid of some of the programmes on the Sky planner - we were down to just 16% spare capacity on our HD box.

That's all, folks.

No comments:

Blog Archive