Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 November 2009

Future diet

Well - after yesterday's visit to the dentist and the warnings I received, it was a soak and suck breakfast this morning - those dried fruits in F & F can be lethal after all! Is this what the future holds? - A soup and soft fruits only diet?

Frustrating day today - firstly, having to deal with bankers - we need them, but when they screw up and it costs our business money, how can I avoid falling out with them? Secondly, getting my Archos DVR back to the way it was before we went to USA in the summer, is proving almost impossible - they are so hard to communicate with - both by phone and e-mail. The unit was sent back with a battery problem just after we came back from holiday, and since then, it's been a nightmare - all I want is for it to be the way it was before, but it's being very awkward - partcularly on audio recordings, which I play in my car.

We Skyped with Lucy last night - on Jo's new account on her (wired) PC (as opposed to my wireless). It certainly didn't seem to have the same sound problems as my laptop, but there was a frustrating delay on the line and Jo reverted to a simple telephone call eventually. So, is the problem our ISP? I decided to experiment this morning and tried to Skype Kelly using my laptop and the work's wireless internet - but she wasn't there!

While I'm on the subject of toys and technology, Jo keeps asking me if I want a new camera for my Christmas? Well, yes - kind of. I would like a new camera, but does it have to be a Christmas present? It's a bit like Jo's request for a mirror for our hall for her Christmas - well, perhaps yes again - but it's not really a suitable Christmas present for her is it?

Talking of which, I'm a little short in the pullover department - and Ginger Baker's new book would probably go down well too. Incidentally, I took delivery of No Mean City last week - it was a book I read as a late teenager, I think - and I recall it scaring me to death then. It's all about the old razor gangs in Glasgow - scary. The book looks tiny, but it's over 300 pages of very small print - looking forward to reading it again 40 years later!

No comments:

Blog Archive