Total Pageviews

Tuesday 11 August 2009

Monday/Tuesday

Busy start to the week. Aberdeen yesterday - lunch and a swim at Bannatyne's - the first time I'd been there for absolutely ages - don't know where the times goes - must make an effort to go more often over the winter. I came home and where had Jo been that afternoon? - swimming as well! - Westhill pool with Myra and friends - originally planned to be the open air pool at Stonehaven, but changed because of mixed weather forecast.

That evening, I was going out to the Marcliffe for dinner with Francis and a couple of Norwegians - Michael was supposed to be there as well, but he has 'flu - beware! Scallops, followed by Ribeye steak, then creme caramel - delicious!

Today was Fraserburgh with the Norwegians, then dash home, only to find an empty house - Jo was out walking - but Kelly phoned and we had a chat, so that was nice.

I received the following photo from my hosts at Gleneagles on Friday - normally I reserve these for the golf blog, but here it is for a change in this blog:


I was playing in a fourball with Alan Kelly (of Kelly's Copiers) and when we got to the 10th hole on the course, my playing partner Dave (pictured above) and I were remarking upon the striking architect designed house to the left of the fairway. It turns out it was Alan Kelly's! It's a monster, worth mega millions - didn't realise the margins in the copier business were that high - need to check what we're being charged!

It's a rather sad week - Aunt Helen today, then it's the 7th anniversary of Mum's cremation tomorrow; Friday - 5 years since Dr. Clark died; then, on Sunday, it's the 18th anniversary of Jo's Dad's departure.

We've got too many timeshare exchanges building up again, so I'm now looking for something for Kelly and Craig when they get to Oz - it would be nice if I could help them settle in by finding somewhere for them to stay for a week. Incidentally, Gary, Carole, Scott, Lucy, Ross - let me know if you fancy a week's holiday somewhere and I'll see if I can use up another week this way.

No comments:

Blog Archive