Total Pageviews

Tuesday 23 June 2009

Weary

Golfed out - that's me. I'm sitting here in my Aberdeen office looking at the glorious day outside and normally I'd be champing at the bit to get out on the golf course, but it's all been a bit much recently and I'm very glad to give it a rest tonight.

I'll tell you how bad it is - I had qualified in the last 32 and played in the 3rd round of the John Marr Trophy (no, I don't know who he is either) last night. I had a pretty average round and it was touch and got whether I made the cut to the last 16 to be played on Thursday evening. For once, I was delighted when I got the e-mail this morning to tell me that I'd finished 19th and didn't have to play on Thursday!

It's just an accumulation and it always happens in June each year. There's more to come - I'm playing my usual Wednesday Quaich game tomorrow (in the afternoon as we're going to see Neil Young at AECC in the evening) and then there's football on Friday, golf at Banchory on Saturday and Sunday mornings, then our annual late night trip to Balmoral on Monday, followed by a tie at Torphins on Tuesday etc etc. Roll on the holiday!

The poll results haven't been matched by action - most said they preferred blogs, but, if you look at them, the number of postings is dropping rapidly. I'm as guilty as anyone - it used to be an average of at least one daily (30 or so a month), but the last 3 months have had only 22, 15 and 10 respectively. Is it the time of year, or are we getting fed up of blogs? Vote now.

No comments:

Blog Archive