Total Pageviews

Friday 5 June 2009

Getting ready for a busy weekend

As commented on Facebook, the opening day of the beer festival went well last night - numbers seemed to be well up on the same time last year. Got a chance to sample a few when I was working behind the bar, but my main chance will come tonight when our bus arrives from Banchory and we can have a few proper beers, rather than just a couple of tasters in the bottom of the glass. Highlights for me last night were Yellowhammer and Dartmoor.

I'm doing a couple of hours behind the bar again this afternoon before heading home to dump the car and pick up the bus back to the festival. I'm not playing golf in the morning - I did have time to play before we caught our afternoon flight to London, but thought better of it - I'd probably not be up for it anyway.

Unfortunately, the weather forecast for Sunday is not looking too good - I hope we do get to see some cricket. Although I'm sure we'll find something else to do, it does rather spoil the purpose of the trip if it's rained off.

Golf on Wednesday was OK - I played with Dick - he and Theresa were just back from Bogota visiting their daughter. As usual, after golf, Jo and I watched The Apprentice whilst I ate my supper - little bit of a surprise result and I now wonder if the obvious favourite is going to stumble at the last hurdle? I also discovered that the final has been moved from Wednesday to this Sunday - that's a bit of a bummer as I'll be in London/Reading that evening and won't be able to watch it until I get home on Monday. The media will be full of it on Monday morning and it will be hard to avoid knowing who's won before I watch the recording.

That's about all for now - although I have been editing some of my previous Blog postings - on the instructions of she who must be obeyed!

No comments:

Blog Archive