Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 June 2009

Back home again

It's been a busy time - first the beer festival - here's Jo and I last Friday:


Ross was there with his pals and we all jumped home in a 16 seater bus. I cancelled golf on Saturday, but needn't have bothered - the overnight rain closed the course until lunchtime.

I drove round to Colin's at about noon and we made our way to the airport for our cricket weekend - full details and photos on football blog - but here's one that might interest Jo - the menu from the Sweeney & Todd pie shop we visited:



In fact, there were many more specials that weren't on the menu - the waitress took great delight in giving us an American style listing of all that were available that day.

On Sunday morning, after a restless night's sleep on Dave's settee, I got up and walked round for the Sunday papers. Dave's flat is right in Reading city centre, next to the canal:



Good weekend, but glad to get home again - but I discovered that I had to play a foursomes match at Torphins - it was the only time all 4 were available before we go to USA in a month!

Think I'll go home early and rest now - and, btw, it was impossible to avoid finding out who won the Apprentice - I watched it last night and will view the Adrian Chiles bit tonight - if I can stay awake!

No comments:

Blog Archive