Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 January 2009

11 weeks and counting

Yes - not long to go now - just 11 weeks tomorrow till we all head off to Tenerife - apart from Kelly and Craig, who go a week earlier - oh, and me - I head out there 7 weeks tomorrow for some golf!

Good to see the girls (most of them, anyway) have brought their blogs up to date. Yes, Kelly, it's been cold here too - in fact, one of the most prolonged spells of cold weather I can recall over winter. Normally we get cold snaps and then it gets very mild again, but this winter the temperature has mostly stayed low - still, it's been pretty bright, which is good - and fairly dry as well.

Nothing much else to add - I've been back to Bannatyne's for a couple of brief sessions this week. Like everyone else, the holiday does nothing for the waistline. I weighed myself and I don't think I've ever been heavier - well, maybe in the mid 70's when I was at Black & White in London and dining out every day - but 13 stone 10lbs! - that's 192 lbs for those of you across the pond - or 87 kgs for the Europeans. I remember when we got our bathroom scale a few years ago, I had to do a conversion chart for Jo, who was slimming then - it only went up to 85 kgs!

I don't think I'll arrange my annual medical just now - perhaps a couple of months yet! Talking of medicals, Jo goes (to Inverurie) for her stress ECG next Thursday - this is the last part of the examinations after she went to the doctor's a few months ago complaining about chest pains.

I briefly saw Carole as she went in to Bannatyne's last night - she's signed up again - another New Year resolution! Jo was looking after Luca briefly before Gary came out and picked him up. Ross and I had our fish suppers watching C-Beebies - how weird was it? I thought the Magic Roundabout was bad, but this definitely came in to the same category of "did I just take some drugs?"

Got some squash tonight hopefully and tomorrow it's football - and I finished the Pink Floyd story (Pigs Must Fly) last night. I think Jo has stopped reading my blog because when I shut the book I showed her the photo on the back cover and said - that's Syd (Barrett) - "who's he?" Maybe she's an acid casualty like Syd - perhaps that's why she and Luca were watching that strange programme? Well, after all, our first born was named after a popular pharmaceutical of the 60's, wasn't she?

No comments:

Blog Archive