Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 December 2008

Sunday at home again

Well done Carole - your first posting! Keep it up. To move photos simply click on them and drag. If you need to centre them, the icons in the text box above do that.

I awoke before 5 am this morning - I think it was the sound of Ross in the kitchen. When we got up, all of last night's meatloaf had gone - and Jo only had a corner nibble.

I rolled over and it was after 9 before we both got up. Jo's off to church now and I'm sitting here doing this and contemplating whether to walk along to the shops to get my Sunday Times, or do it the lazy way. I do miss our regular paper deliveries.

No golf obviously - the course was closed yesterday anyway but it seems much nicer today. Mind you, I probably wouldn't have been tempted anyway. I'll give myself one more day before taking any exercise. My body is getting dangerously addicted to lethargy. I had been playing quite a lot of squash and football again and had found it difficult to squeeze in sessions at Bannatyne's - they say this is a stereotypical pattern for new gym joiners - hugely enthusiastic at the start and then tailing away. I must try to break that mould. Pity Banchory doesn't have a proper leisure centre - the Tor-na-Coille would be an ideal location.

Tuesday is D-day for CALA's planning application. It looks like being thrown out, but you can never be sure, and I'm sure that won't be the end of it anyway. Roxanne (Jekyll and Hyde) Sloane-Maris features in this week's Piper donating crockery to the Scouts. Hardly a coincidence I think - she must believe in her own mind that this mini charm offensive will persuade everyone that she's really a nice, kind, caring person with the aims of the community at heart - and not the pantomime villain she's been cast as.

Still stalling for time - must get showered and dressed and out. The first Test from India is the background just now, and there's golf from South Africa and Dubai to follow plus lots of footy. I aways enjoy watching golf played on courses I know well, like the Emirates Majlis. It's interesting to see how much the major construction projects have come on since we were there last February. They say 40% of the world's cranes are based there just now

The next few blogs will feature me in different world locations. Today - well, it's pretty obvious, isn't it?


This was taken in November 1999.

No comments:

Blog Archive