Total Pageviews

Tuesday 7 October 2008

More blues - and it's Tuesday

Drove to the Broch this morning - it's cold, damp and miserable here - just how I feel. I think I must be harbouring a bug - it's not quite hit me yet, but I feel down.

Apart from the drive up and back, don't intend to do anything other than stagnate today. Got some preparation to do for the board meeting tomorrow, but that's all for now. Also preparing for our headbang on Friday - Dave sent me a few more links for me to convert for easy viewing. His taste is a bit more esoteric than the rest of us - sometimes travelling in his car with him can be a little taxing as he blasts us with some new German Neo-funk or other obtuse musical category. Dave has made a request that we include some modern music and don't make our headbang purely an oldies nostalgia trip. Well, as host, I guess we have to pander to some of his whims!

Our show always starts with an Obituary section, to commemorate those famous musical names who have passed on since our last headbang. If you can't think of any, here's who's on this agenda:

Rick Wright - Pink Floyd
Isaac Hayes
Norman Whitfield, Temptations producer and song-writer, whose credits included "I heard it through the grapevine" and "Papa was a rolling stone" amongst many others.
Jeff Healey - blind blues artist
Danny Federici from Bruce Springsteen's E-Street Band
Humphrey Lyttleton - famous old British trad jazz man, who turned his hand to radio comedy in later years, as host of "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" - check out full details of his wonderful life at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humphrey_Lyttelton
We also have a clip of the Dave Clark 5 - Mike Smith, lead singer and keyboard player died just as we were about to hold the last headbang, but we couldn't get a video clip in time.

That'll do for today's list - tomorrow might be the rest of the agenda for Friday.

No comments:

Blog Archive