Total Pageviews

Wednesday 8 October 2008

Jordon 13

Happy 13th birthday to Jordon today:


I almost went home from the Broch at lunchtime yesterday as I was feeling so poorly, but I had a lot of work to do and I seemed to get a bit of a second wind so I carried on. Of course, when I got home, only Ross was there - Jo had gone out for another walk with the girls - keep it up! Locking her out of the house wasn't a good idea, however.
I went to bed at 8:00 pm last night - I obviously needed the sleep and feel a little better this morning - fingers crossed.
I'm sure the suspense is killing you so, to put you out of your misery, here's the full agenda for Friday's headbang:
1. Obituary - as described yesterday
2. Then and Now - original footage from 40 years ago and the same bands playing the same songs now - this slot features Cream and Pentangle this time
3. Original and Cover - original versions of songs and their later covers by other artists - featuring Shout (Isley Bros/Lulu), My Generation (Who/Oasis), I Heard it Through the Grapevine (Marvin Gaye/Antonio Forcione) and Gimme Shelter (Stones/Patti Smith)
4. Blues Legends - 2 grainy old black and white clips of Big Joe Williams performing Baby Please Don't Go and Howlin' Wolf doing Smokestack Lightning from 1963 and 1964 respectively.
5. Corny Country - Marty Robbins - El Paso
6. Embarrassing Performances - Chuck Berry performing Memphis Tennessee with John Lennon and Yoko wailing away - from the Mike Douglas Show in 1972
7. Festival Rock - Hendrix at Isle of Wight in 1970 and 2 more recent ones from Interpol and Muse
8. Superstar Gatherings - from the charity Crossroads concert in 2005, Eric Clapton, BB King, Jimmy Vaughan and Buddy Guy playing together
9. Through the Decades - the main part of the show - 41 videos from the last 6 decades - 12 from the 00's, 2 from the 90's, 6 from the 80's, 12 from the 70's, 6 from the 60's and 3 from the 50's.
Hopefully we'll have time to play a few DVD's as well - and some old favourites, including the emotive Johnny Cash video of Hurt.
Tomorrow's list? I'm thinking maybe favourite football performances - still working on which ones to include - don't lose sleep trying to double guess me!

No comments:

Blog Archive