Total Pageviews

Friday 26 September 2008

Friday blog

Just remembered it's 25 years ago this week - 19th September, 1983 to be exact - since I moved up to Aberdeen to start work with the Clark family, then trading as Clipper Seafoods. Ross had just been born and I had just picked up my first - and hopefully only - unemployment benefit after the demise of Fischer Ultrasound. The job they offered me at their headquarters in Denver came at the wrong time for us and so Aberdeen it was, with Jo and the kids moving up over the New Year holidays. Remember the snow storms that year? "I don't like this place, Daddy!" "I want to go home!" Then a couple of months later "I don't care where your job takes you Daddy, I'm not leaving Banchory". The latter quote, of course, comes from somebody who now lives 5,000 miles away!

Gary - I have to laugh at the comments in your blog about Spain. Considering how difficult it was to persuade you to even consider taking a couple of days off work in the first place, it's a bit rich to be inferring it's now everyone else holding you back! Don't forget it was my idea in the first place, so obviously I'm behind it, but we held back pending Kelly's situation with Oz. Once it's clear she's still going to be around until the spring, then we can get ourselves organised.

Nothing much else to say today. Ken Page comes back from Abu Dhabi tomorrow and we've got our annual Scotland v Rest of World Challenge match on Sunday, which is usually a good end of season do. Tonight a couple of beers in the Douglas and that's about it.

No comments:

Blog Archive