Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 September 2008

Champions League

Well, I had originally planned to go down to Glasgow on Wednesday with Jo chumming me, then I had to change it to Thursday and then I changed it slightly again by arranging to meet Dawn in Dundee for lunch on Friday (she's on a course there). Now it's all change yet again - I got the offer of tickets for the Man U v Villareal Champions League match tonight - the tickets were going spare and I only discovered this on Monday as I was leaving the office. I didn't think I would get 3 others to go at such short notice - didn't think Ross or Gary could take time off work, and my football mates are all working too - but after we played squash on Monday, I asked if anyone wanted to go and Malcolm, Richard and Harry all said yes.

So, I'll be leaving the office soon and drive down to Glasgow to meet them - we'll leave one car there and travel down to the match together and, on the way back tomorrow, I'll head in to Glasgow to see Dad, then Barry, then Dawn, whilst they head north.


By the way, a belated happy 26th birthday to Lauren on Sunday. Doesn't she look like a young Dawn in this photo?:

I eschewed watching the football on TV last night and instead, Jo and I watched Factory Girl - the story of Edie Sedgwick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edie_Sedgwick). A bit like Edith Piaf, hers was a tragic - and very short - life.

The Kings of Leon is on heavy rotation in my car, Kelly - pretty good. Your blog's revelation that you were originally hoping to go to Oz as early as November was a bit of a shock - at least to me. However, I presume that leaves us clear now to start planning for our joint family celebration early next year?

Lucy's football video and photos were good - but it was hard to see if Cade was directly involved in the brief piece of action or not?

No comments:

Blog Archive