Total Pageviews

Monday 15 September 2008

Busy weekend

It's been all go this weekend - and it was an early start for me in the office this morning, having seen Kelly off at 5:30 am, as she and Craig set off on the long drive back to Cornwall.

I've also now opened up a 4th blog - for the squash, to add to the football and golf ones I keep. Here's the various addresses - there's some photos and videos there, showing some of what we've been up to this weekend.


I did manage to get Craig (and Gary) along to the football match on Friday night to celebrate the 50th birthday of one of the regulars (Jeb) - the football site shows the photos. Unfortunately, Jo was ill again on Friday and went to bed early. She did, however, manage along to Gillian Kilgour's wedding on Saturday afternoon (some photos and a video on the football site).

I played golf on Saturday morning, got soaked and rushed home afterwards to get ready for the wedding - but no hot water! I forgot what it's like, having Kelly at home again! Anyway, I eventually manage to get shaved and showered and we popped round to Anne and Leslie's to walk along to the church with them. I propped up the camera on their mantlepiece, but it wasn't quite high enough and it lopped off the top of the male heads!:



Thankfully, I didn't make the same mistake earlier when I asked Kelly and Craig to pose for the camera before they headed off to their pal's wedding at Blairs:


We had a fairly late (for us) night on Saturday and, on Sunday morning, it was more golf for me. It was Medals Finals day at Banchory - I hadn't qualified for a few years and I had forgotten that Class 1 players have to do 36 holes! I haven't done this for years and wasn't sure how I'd cope, but I managed to stagger round OK - but not with a great score. When I got back after the 2nd round, Gary and Carole had arrived for tea and this was the scene in our driveway - notice anything missing? Yes - the old beat-up Saab has finally gone! Gary had just been out for a spin in Ross' Merc.

Carole's beautiful new BMW sat sparkling in the driveway:

Jo had made lasagne for tea - but Luca was in mischevious mood and just played around. When they went home, Kelly and I swapped music files on our laptops - I got the Kings of Leon from her and she got my entire library of music files! She's going to trawl through it and delete what she doesn't want - don't forget to empty the Recycle Bin after you do it, Kelly! She then plans to synchronise the files with her iPod - having now apparently worked out how to use her iPod in the car.

A bit sore and tired this morning but I'm going to try and play squash again tonight. I'm also arranging to go down to Glasgow to see Dad, Barry & Dawn some time this week.

No comments:

Blog Archive