Total Pageviews

Wednesday 25 June 2008

The winning habit

I know my mates are becoming thoroughly p....d off with me winning all these golf tournaments - and no doubt you lot are fed up hearing about them as well - but, would you believe it, I won our weekly Quaich competition again last night! That's now all 4 events I've played in over the last week that I've won. I'm resting today - I need to! - but I've been invited to Kingsbarns tomorrow for a big corporate event, and Jas and I have a foursomes match to play on Friday evening.

On Saturday, I'm on the redeye to London to see the ODI v New Zealand at Lord's. Dave and I planned this some time ago and we booked flights to travel down and back together, but Dave's now started a new job down in Reading so he's just going to meet me down there now. What's more, he now has to fly out to Houston on Sunday, so I would have been stuck in London on my own all day - so I've now changed my return flight and will get home early/mid afternoon. Dave was full of apologies and has offered to pay whatever it has cost me, but I used air miles (although I did have to pay the taxes) - and anyway, it now allows me to play my Cox Cup match against young Ross Gray on Sunday evening - this was postponed from last weekend.

After that, it's back down to Glasgow on Monday - I've been invited to another corporate golf day at the new Carrick course at Loch Lomond - it's huge affair with Andy Cameron, Alex Ferguson, Gavin Hastings, dinner, accommodation and entertainment by Eddi Reader. Timing is very convenient as Barry and I have to attend Erskine House on the Tuesday morning to go over the initial assessment of how Dad's settling down there. I've then got another golf tie at Torphins on Tuesday evening. Phew - it's all go!

My left eye seems OK now, although it's still a little sore, so I'll go back to the optician's tomorrow to check up.

No comments:

Blog Archive