Total Pageviews

Tuesday 24 June 2008

Well, I got to my optician yesterday afternoon and had the most thorough eye examination I've ever had. She spotted some damage but thought it should settle down OK. She put some fluid in my left eye to dilate the pupil fully to allow her to have a closer look - it took about 15 minutes, but lasts for 5 or 6 hours, so driving down to Balmoral afterwards wasn't as easy as I had hoped!



The blurred vision in my left eye was measured as 5 levels poorer than my right and I was given the chart below to take home to check regularly to see whether there was any change or not. When I first looked at it through my damaged left eye, the horizontal lines appeared as shadowed. I was told my eyes would either get worse or better in the next couple of days. If no change, then I would have to be referred back to the Eye Clinic and she arranged to see me again on Thursday.





Anyway, I managed to make it down to Balmoral and, despite playing with only one good eye, I won again - three times in a week! The worst problem was the midges - they were worse this year than ever and I took on the appearance of the Elephant Man afterwards! I protected myself as much as I could but nothing could stop the little pests:




We self cater for this event - bread, cheese, cold meats etc in the clubhouse afterwards - and it was midnight before we left, so it was another late night for me.

Today (Tuesday), my vision is much improved and I'm able to work on the computer again, so it looks like I'm on the mend.

More golf tonight at Banchory - rain forecast for later on - hope we just miss it!

No comments:

Blog Archive