Total Pageviews

Monday 9 June 2008

Glorious week in Deeside!

Blog's been neglected a little - partly due to the magnificent weather, but also because it's been so busy. The annual CAMRA beer festival is now over - didn't manage to put in as much work as I would have liked and, of course, we didn't have our usual bus in from Banchory on the Friday night - so Jo missed out as well. I worked behind the bar on Thursday evening and Saturday afternoon - I offered to take Jo in then, but she had too much to do and couldn't make it. This was me taking a short break on Saturday afternoon - wearing my Oregon Beer Taster hat!:


We strolled along to the golf club on Saturday evening and sat on the balcony (for the second week in succession) - it was lovely and warm - and Colin and Johanne joined us as we ate alfresco:


Ross came home on Saturday night (or should I say Sunday morning!) - but no car - it transpired that he and his buddies went along to the beer festival on Saturday night for the first time - and enjoyed it so much they had to taxi home.

The reason for me not organising our usual bus to the festival was that the organisers had had to change it from its usual November date to June - and this clashed with an outing to Blairgowrie that I was already committed to. It was another fabulous day there and all the photos are available on my golf blog - http://bsvgolf.blogspot.com/

On Sunday, Gary, Carole and Luca came over for a while - they had been at Crathes taking Luca on the short train run there. I discovered a new feature on my camera - if you smile it automatically takes 3 quick pictures. I didn't believe it at first, but it worked with Gary - then me - but I couldn't get it to work with either Jo or Carole. Jo was trying desperately to grin from ear to ear to make the camera take a photo - and Gary even forced his way in to the frame to try and help her out - to no avail:

We tried with camera-shy Carole but no luck:


Luca's laser spots are clearing up rapidly:


Videos to follow.

No comments:

Blog Archive