Total Pageviews

Tuesday 27 May 2008

Monday


Another beautiful day here although the downside is that I had to rush out and get hayfever medication - I couldn't make up my mind if I had a head cold or it was just allergies. Everything's growing so quickly (at last) and there's lots of pollens around - the ivy on our house has really started to sprout:



You'll note that Ross' old beat-up Saab convertible is still rusting away in our drive - hoped it would have been gone by now but I guess I'll have to be patient - again!

We spoke to Lucy last night for a couple of hours on Skype using the webcams - the quality of image was pretty good and there was no jarring or juddering nor delay - her lips were synched with her voice. It was Memorial Day weekend in the States and it's a big national holiday that typically signifies the start of summer. The boys were their usual boisterous selves - I threatened to cut back our stay in USA a bit more if they were going to be like that all the time we were there! Anyway - Kelly and Craig and Gary and Carole - not to mention Barry & Helen and Dawn & John - now all need to download Skype (free) and open an account (also free) so that we can all share webcams. This was a snapshot I took last night as Lucy was adjusting her settings:


Anyway, happy 35th birthday to Lucy today - no old embarrassing photos from her childhood - I'll save those for another day - just one of my favourite photos from our 2000 trip to USA:



No comments:

Blog Archive